We have given the classic bread pudding a satisfyingly sweet makeover with the addition of day-old doughnuts! This warm and comforting recipe is made even better with a sticky sweet pink frosting and tons of sprinkles. Can't wait to try a bite? Neither could we, so get ready to dig right in!
- For doughnut bread pudding:
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 day-old vanilla cake doughnuts (glazed or plain)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For frosting:
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 3 drops neon pink food coloring
- Rainbow sprinkles, for topping
- To make doughnut bread pudding: Preheat oven to 350°F. Use the butter to grease 9 1/2-inch diameter circular pan or oven-proof skillet.
- Cut each doughnut into four equal parts and place in the greased pan. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the milk, heavy cream, brown sugar, salt, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon and whisk until completely combined.
- Pour the milky egg combination onto the donuts. Press the doughnuts into the egg mixture to make sure all doughnuts absorb the liquid. Let it sit for 5 minutes before placing it in the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown on top. When the bread pudding is almost finished baking, make the pink glaze.
- To make frosting: In a medium bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Once combined, whisk in the pink food coloring.
- When the bread pudding is finished, remove it from the oven and let cool. Once it has cooled, use a large spoon to drizzle the frosting around the pudding in the shape of a large doughnut. Sprinkle with sprinkles and serve warm.
- Desserts, Doughnuts
- 6 to 8 servings
- Cook Time
- 1 hour 10 minutes