I love doughnuts in the morning. Well, I actually love them any time of day, so when I came across a doughnut baking tray, I had to give it a try. Would the little bites be soft, delectable, and just slightly crisp on the outside? I happened to still have the Williams-Sonoma vanilla cupcake mix in my pantry from a past POPSUGAR Must Have box just begging to be used. I figured it would be the perfect base for a batch of funfetti doughnuts.
After mixing and adding some sprinkles, the batter went into the oven. I waited impatiently for the goodness to bake. Along with the amazing smell wafting, I saw the doughnuts rising, turning into adorable little rounds of deliciousness. After glazing and sprinkling again, I fully admit to eating at least two in a row. Maybe more.
- For the doughnuts
1 container Williams-Sonoma vanilla cupcake mix
8 tablespoons butter, cubed
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons multicolored sprinkles
- For the glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk
Extra multicolored sprinkles for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pulse together the butter and cupcake mix with a hand mixer until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Slowly add the eggs and milk, whipping the mixture until all ingredients are incorporated. The batter will be a bit grainy, but that's just all the yummy vanilla bits.
- Add the sprinkles and gently stir. Pour the batter into a greased doughnut pan and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove doughnuts and let cool completely before the next step.
- Mix together the powdered sugar and milk in a shallow bowl. Dip the tops of the doughnuts in the mixture and then place on a baking tray. Top with more sprinkles and enjoy!
- North American
More From POPSUGAR Must Have
Unwrap fabulous surprises from food, fitness, beauty, fashion, home, and more every month with your own POPSUGAR Must Have subscription!
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff