The next time you have an outdoor gathering, make it easy and pick up a tube of store-purchased polenta. After tossing on the grill, it takes on a smoky flavor that makes for a crisp base for fresh, creamy avocado. Sprinkle with cotija cheese, and these delicious bites are a hit.
- 1 tube polenta
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon cotija cheese
- Set your grill to medium-high heat.
- Slice the polenta into 1/2-inch rounds and place on a plate. Drizzle with the vegetable oil so the sides are coated.
- Place the rounds directly on grill grates and let cook 5 minutes, then turn, creating grill marks. Flip and repeat.
- While the rounds are grilling, mash the avocado with the salt and lemon juice, then whisk to create a smooth cream.
- Remove the polenta rounds and top with the avocado, evenly distributing between the polenta.
- Finish with a sprinkling of green onion and cotija cheese.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
- 10 rounds
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds