We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share takeout-style recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 Zero SmartPoints® foods, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
Sausage, greens, and pasta are a classic combo, and nobody will guess that this one is so light on Points® — thanks to all the veggies — and so light on prep time! Finish with parmigiano-reggiano and enjoy just a hint of spice from the red pepper flakes.
- 6 ounces uncooked pasta, bow-ties (about 3 cups)
1/4 teaspoon table salt, for cooking pasta
1 teaspoon olive oil
8 ounces uncooked turkey sausages, hot Italian variety, casings removed
1 small uncooked onion, chopped
4 medium garlic cloves, sliced
8 cups (about 1 head) escarole, roughly chopped into bite-size pieces
3/4 cup canned chicken broth
14 1/2 ounces canned diced tomatoes, fire-roasted
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, parmigiano-reggiano recommended
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions, then drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and onion and cook, breaking up sausage, until sausage is lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, escarole, and broth to skillet. Cook, stirring often, until escarole is tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and red pepper flakes, then cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper flakes (if desired).
Serving size: 1 1/2 cup pasta-vegetable mixture and 2 teaspoons cheese
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 6
- Total Time
- 26 minutes, 59 seconds