We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share takeout-style recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 Zero SmartPoints® foods, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
If you're craving a delicious Mexican feast but don't want to abandon your big plans of a cozy night in, you're in luck! Instead of bundling up and making the trek to your local eatery, create restaurant-quality cuisine in the comfort of your kitchen with this tasty and wholesome chicken burrito bowl recipe courtesy of celebrity chef Vikki Krinsky. As an added bonus, the meal is only 5 SmartPoints® and comes together in a snap. Get ready to dive in!
- 2 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 cups frozen cooked organic brown rice
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cans rinsed black beans
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 jarred roasted red peppers (packed in water)
- 1 bunch fresh and cleaned cilantro
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 bunch cleaned scallions
- With latex gloves, place the chicken breasts in a bowl and massage in 1/4 cup of the lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, and oregano. On high heat in a large skillet that's lightly sprayed with olive oil spray, place the rubbed chicken and the marinating lime juice and cook on one side for about 5 minutes. Flip the chicken over and add water halfway up the sides, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cover with a lid until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a medium glass mixing bowl, add the frozen rice and microwave for 3 minutes. Add the rinsed black beans, diced tomatoes, spinach, chopped scallions (the whole bunch), 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, and all the lime zest to warm rice. Mix with a pinch of salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the peppers, cayenne, salt, and pepper, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and just enough water to blend into a thick paste. Take the chicken off the burner and carefully place on a cutting board to rest while you assemble your bowls.
- Each bowl will have fun layers! Dollop 1 large spoonful of the red pepper mixture into the bottom of each bowl. Spoon over the rice/bean/spinach mixture and top with a pinch of cilantro. Shred one chicken breast over each bowl, drizzle some of the hot chicken “lime juice” from the pan on top, and top with another dollop of red pepper sauce and another pinch of fresh cilantro!
A serving consists of:
1/2 cup brown rice
3/4 cup beans
1 cup vegetables
1/4 tablespoon oil
- 4 servings