We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share lunch recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 foods that are zero SmartPoints®, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
If you're craving your favorite Mexican food dish but don't want to ditch your healthy eating plan in the process, this recipe is the delicious solution. Packed with spicy chili powder and pico de gallo, creamy avocado, and perfectly seasoned chicken, this hearty bowl will keep you full and keep your weight-loss goals on track. Get ready for a fajita feast!
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces uncooked sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked medium grain brown rice
- 2 cups uncooked diced jicama
- 1 cup uncooked chopped red bell peppers
- 1 diced California Hass avocado
- 4 tablespoons sliced pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1/2 medium fresh lime cut into 4 wedges
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 4 sprigs cilantro
1. Combine all the ingredients on the list from the chili powder through the black pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle over chicken and toss to coat. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat; add chicken when oil shimmers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes; transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Place 1/2 cup rice in each of four bowls; top each with 1/2 cup jicama, 1/4 cup red pepper, 1/4 of avocado, 1 tablespoon jalapeño, and 3 ounces of chicken. Garnish each with 2 tablespoons pico de gallo, a lime wedge, and some cilantro.
Serving size: 1 bowl.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 4
- Total Time
- 24 minutes, 59 seconds