We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share lunch recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 foods that are zero SmartPoints®, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
There's no better way to warm up on a chilly Winter day than by digging into a delicious bowl of stew. If you're seeking your new favorite seasonal dish, this hearty and filling recipe is your perfect match! Filled with zero Points® chickpeas, this is one recipe you won't want to miss!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 small uncooked chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 2 medium minced cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 15-ounce cans rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in garlic, cumin, and ginger; cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and their juice and chickpeas; stir to combine and mash chickpeas slightly with a potato masher.
2. Using tongs, toss in spinach and sprinkle mixture with water; cook, covered, until spinach is wilted, tossing mixture once halfway through, about 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, cilantro, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Serving size: Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Main Dishes
- North American
- 6 Servings