We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share lunch recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 foods that are zero SmartPoints®, from skinless chicken and turkey breast to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
If you're hunting for the perfect lunch that'll satisfy your New Year's resolutions and your taste buds, why not whip up an enticing bowl of spicy noodles that's chock-full of flavor? Rich in zero SmartPoints® chicken and good-for-you greens including watercress and cilantro, the recipe will satisfy your cravings without the guilt. At only 7 Points® per serving, this dish by cookbook author Alison Roman is so delicious, you might not be able to wait until lunch to dig in!
- 12 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces uncooked soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons unseasoned rice wine vinegar, divided
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watercress
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, tender leaves and stems
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Cook soba noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until just done, about 5 minutes (soba cooks much faster than regular pasta, so keep an eye on it).
- Drain soba and rinse under cold water to chill them completely.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium–high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until it’s cooked through and golden brown on both sides, 8–10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate or cutting board and let cool enough to handle.
- Place soba noodles in a large bowl and add soy sauce, 2 tablespoons vinegar and jalapeño in a large bowl. Toss to coat and season with more soy sauce or vinegar, if you like.
- Place scallions, watercress, and cucumbers in a small bowl. Add remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and season with salt.
- Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces. Divide soba among bowls and top with chicken, watercress mixture, cilantro and sesame seeds.
A serving consists of: 1 3/4 cups cooked soba noodles, 4 ounces chicken, 1 1/2 cups vegetables/greens, 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1/4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Main Dishes
- 4 Servings