We've partnered with Weight Watchers to share takeout-style recipes that will keep your wellness plan on track. The brand new Weight Watchers Freestyle™ program now includes more than 200 Zero SmartPoints® foods, from skinless chicken and turkey breast, to eggs, fish, seafood, beans, tofu, nonfat plain yogurt, and so much more! Now you can count less and enjoy more.
This easy, delicious, and nutritious Thai specialty is bursting with flavor. Follow a few simple cooking steps, then let your family and friends build their own combinations of fresh, bright ingredients in each individual lettuce cup. Takeout can only dream of being this fun. As an added bonus, the meal is only 5 Weight Watchers Points®!
- 1 pound ground chicken (99% fat-free)
- 1 cup large pineapple chunks, grilled and then diced
- 1 cup jicama, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, washed
- 4 radishes, washed
- 1/2 cup cilantro, washed and chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 lime, cut into quarters
- 1 head butter lettuce, cleaned and washed
- Heat your grill to high. Lightly spray with nonstick olive oil spray and place pineapple and scallions on the grill. Be sure to keep an eye on the scallions as you'll want to remove them when charred on one side, after about a minute. Roughly chop and set aside.
- Turn the pineapple regularly until charred all over, about 5 minutes. Set aside. When cool enough, cut into a small bite-size dice and place in the same bowl as the scallions.
- Dice the prepeeled jicama and slice the radishes in half and then into thin moon shapes. Place together in a medium family-style bowl with lime juice, freshly chopped cilantro, and a pinch of salt.
- In a medium-size pan, spray lightly with nonstick olive oil cooking spray and sauté the ground chicken. Add the cumin, Chinese five spice, chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Cook through and place mixture in a family-style bowl.
- To assemble your fresh and delicious meal, place two lettuce cups on your plate. Scoop a spoonful of smoky ground chicken into each cup followed by a spoonful of grilled pineapple and scallions on top, a small pinch of the jicama salsa, and fresh mint on top. Serve with a lime wedge on the side and enjoy!
A serving consists of:
1 cup ground chicken
1/2 cup pineapple
1 cup vegetables
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 a head of lettuce
- Main Dishes
- 2 servings