A grilled cheese is a simple yet delicious lunch — and there are so many spins that make it a fun midday bite. Give your next melty sandwich a sweet spin with a thick layer of jelly. It might not sound like it would work, but the combination of sharp Swiss cheese, salty ham, and tart raspberry jam is addictive.
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
1 teaspoon butter
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 slice ham
1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- Coat one side of a piece of bread with butter and place it butter side down in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place one slice of cheese and the ham on the bread. Top with the raspberry jam, spreading evenly over the ham.
- Finish with the other slice of Swiss cheese and butter the last piece of bread, placing on top, butter side up.
- Toast until the bread has just browned and carefully flip, cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, slice, and serve.
- North American
- 1 sandwich
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds