Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff
A grilled cheese is a simple yet delicious lunch — and there are so many spins that make it a fun midday bite. Give your next melty sandwich a sweet spin with a thick layer of jelly. It might not sound like it would work, but the combination of sharp Swiss cheese, salty ham, and tart raspberry jam is addictive.
Raspberry Jam Grilled Cheese
From Sarah Lipoff, POPSUGAR Food
- 2 slices white or sourdough bread
1 teaspoon butter
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 slice ham
1 tablespoon raspberry jam
- Coat one side of a piece of bread with butter and place it butter side down in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place one slice of cheese and the ham on the bread. Top with the raspberry jam, spreading evenly over the ham.
- Finish with the other slice of Swiss cheese and butter the last piece of bread, placing on top, butter side up.
- Toast until the bread has just browned and carefully flip, cooking until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat, slice, and serve.
- North American
- 1 sandwich
- Total Time
- 9 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff