Summer grilling brings friends together. We partnered with Hidden Valley for this recipe that infuses your chicken with big flavor, so grab your friends, and get cooking!
Grilled chicken breasts are a delicious thing. Filled with smoky flavor, the seared marks accentuate the juiciness of the chicken. It's a true thing of beauty and also a simple dish to serve when Summer guests come over. And marinating chicken in yogurt and seasonings works double duty when it comes to tenderizing your chicken. Yogurt contains natural enzymes and acids that help break down proteins while adding the right amount of tang to the meat.
Slather the marinade over chicken and let it hang out in your fridge from anywhere between 20 minutes and 2 hours. Toss on the grill, then finish with a squeeze of seared chunks of lemon, a drizzle of more sauce, and a sprinkling of fresh basil. Serve alongside a fresh salad or sweet corn, and everyone will be ready to eat.
- 1 packet Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Dips Mix Original Ranch®
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 4 leaves basil, chopped
- Mix together the packet of dip mix with the yogurt and lemon juice. Stir until incorporated, then divide, reserving half for later.
- Coat the chicken breasts with half of the dip mix and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Yogurt naturally marinates the chicken, which keeps it so moist when grilling. And the spices and lemon bring big flavor.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Lightly grease the grates with vegetable oil, then place the chicken breasts on the grill. Let cook 5 minutes, then turn, marking one side of the chicken. Grill an additional 5 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and repeat step 3.
- Place the sliced lemon on the grill and let cook until slightly charred.
- Test for an internal temperature of 165˚F and remove from grill.
- Arrange the chicken on a platter along with the lemon. Remove the remaining dip from the fridge and slightly thin with the milk. Drizzle over chicken and top with basil.
- Main Dishes
- 4 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
More From Hidden Valley
Health-conscious foodies can enjoy the great taste of Hidden Valley Ranch by combining the taste of ranch they love with the health benefits of Greek yogurt — the perfect complement to grilling you can feel good about. Click here to learn more.