Everyone loves a good food mashup, and Burger King has a new one with the announcement of its Mac n' Cheetos. They've sent the internet into a frenzy clamoring to try them. We did and reviewed them but couldn't stop there. We knew we had to make 'em ourselves, and we couldn't be happier with the results!
- 2 cups cold, leftover mac and cheese, homemade or from a box
2 cups Cheetos
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
High-heat oil, for frying
- Roll cold macaroni and cheese into 2-inch logs. Place on baking sheet and then freeze for 2 hours.
- Place Cheetos into a food processor and process to a fine crumb.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl and place flour in a third bowl. Dip macaroni logs into flour mixture, then the egg mixture, and finally in the Cheetos mixture. Place on a baking sheet and freeze a second time for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil to 350ºF.
- Fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until the outside is just starting to turn golden brown. Let drain on a paper-towel-lined plate. Serve warm with ranch dressing.
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- 5 servings
- Total Time
- 1 hour, 59 minutes, 59 seconds