Give a box of vanilla cake mix a big boost thanks to colorful sprinkles that transform into cute layers for these mason jar cakes. Add to that layers of whipped cream cheese frosting, and you have a dessert that's ready to party.
- For the cake
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons multicolored sprinkles
8 pint mason jars
- For the frosting
2 cups whipped cream, handmade or store brand
4 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
Additional multicolored sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F.
- Follow the box directions for making the cake batter, then add the multicolored sprinkles to the mix. Pour into a greased 13-by-9-inch baking pan and bake 23-28 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the frosting, use a hand mixer to combine the whipped cream, cream cheese, and vanilla. Chill in the fridge.
- To assemble, use a round cookie cutter just smaller than the mouth of the mason jar to cut rounds from the sheet cake. Place a spoonful of the whipped cream cheese frosting at the base of the mason jar, top with some multicolored sprinkles, then with a round of the funfetti cake. Repeat the layer, finishing with more frosting and sprinkles.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American
- 8 pint mason jars