Get ready for serious chocolate temptation — these mini molten lava cakes bake in mason jars for delicious bites you can take anywhere. The middle gets a bit of sweet love thanks to a dollop of marshmallow fluff, which turns the treat into something worth savoring.
- 1 stick butter
6 ounces dark chocolate
3 ounces milk chocolate
1/2 cup flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 cup marshmallow fluff, divided
6 4-ounce mason jars
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F.
- Heat the butter over medium heat and add the chocolate. Whisk until melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the flour and powdered sugar.
- Slowly add one egg at a time, whisking until smooth after each. Then add the final egg yolk and vanilla.
- Fill the base of each mason jar with a ladle of the batter. Top with the marshmallow fluff, then fill with the rest of the chocolate batter, leaving at least 1/2 inch of glass at the top.
- Place the jars in a baking pan and then on the center rack of your oven. Surround the jars with a hot water bath, filling to the middle of the jars.
- Bake until the tops have crusted over, around 12-14 minutes. Remove from the water bath and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Desserts, Cake
- North American
- 6 4-ounce mason jar cakes