- 6 cups cooked brown rice (it can be cold and leftover, or straight from the rice cooker)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 medium pineapple, cubed into 1/2- to 1-inch bite-sized pieces
1 cup cashews (raw or roasted both taste great)
12 ounces extra firm tofu, cubed into 1/2- to 1-inch bite-sized pieces
12 ounces (about 2 cups) fresh or thawed frozen edamame
2 1/2 tablespoons safflower oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
6 tablespoons low-sodium tamari sauce (or soy sauce)
1 1/2-2 tablespoons sriracha
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread the pineapple rice out over two dark baking sheets (we use 1 large and 1 medium dark non-stick baking sheets). If you try to cook it all on one baking sheet, the result won't be crispy. Bake on the middle rack for about 45 minutes to an hour, until a layer of rice browns and sticks to the baking sheet.
- Use a wooden spoon to scrape the rice off of the baking sheets, toss it together in a large mixing bowl, and serve.
- Grains , Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 6