One of my favorite appetizers at any party are spinach balls. Filled with salty freshness, the little bites are so savory alongside barbecue sauce or even a creamy dill dip. And they come together in no time — really, making them the perfect last-minute goodie.
Using a melon baller or small cookie scoop makes forming the balls so easy.
- 1 pound canned or frozen spinach, thawed
1 onion, grated
2 cloves garlic, grated
1/4 teaspoon dried mustard
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 3/4 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
5 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Place the spinach in a colander and press with a paper towel until no liquid is released. Place the spinach in a bowl and add the onion, garlic, dried mustard, and lemon juice. Stir to incorporate.
- Now add the cheeses, eggs, and bread crumbs, stirring again.
- Drizzle the butter over the mixture and give a final stir. Scoop and form into balls and tightly pack on a parchment-covered sheet pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the spinach balls. Bake for an additional 10 minutes, and serve hot or cold. Top with a sprinkle of Parmesan, or leave as is.
- Vegetables, Appetizers
- North American
- 40 balls
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds