- 2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) firmly packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two half-sheet pans with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together 1 cup brown sugar with the butter on medium-high, until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla, and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredients in three additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula between additions. Mix together until just combined.
- Shape dough into roughly 1 1/4-inch balls using a #50 disher. Place 2 inches apart onto the parchment-lined pans. Make an indentation in each cookie with your thumb, rotating your thumb to hollow it out into a round well.
- Whisk together 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and cream in a small mixing bowl until smooth. Fold in the pecans. Fill the well of each cookie with a scant teaspoon of the pecan filling. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool for 2-3 minutes, then carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Desserts, Cookies
- About 32 cookies