Pickles, pineapple, and pickled jalapeño might sound like an oddball combination, but the trio is surprisingly simpatico. Pineapple's bright, tropical acidity melds with the briny sweetness of the pickles — spicy bread and butter pickles are ideal — while jalapeños bring subtle heat. Chips are an obvious pairing; flaky white fish, tacos, and pork chops all would benefit from a dollop as well.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot pickles, such as Lynnae's Gourmet Pickles Hot Mama Pickles, minced
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeño peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Gently mix together all the ingredients except for the tortilla chips. Serve chilled with chips.
- Dips, Appetizers
- About 2 1/4 cups salsa