Aim to cut the vegetables and sausage chunks into roughly equal sizes; you may have to cut them into fewer or more pieces than the ingredients list suggests. Leftovers can be transformed into a hash: chop leftover sausage and veggies into small pieces and fry without oil until hot. Top with a poached or fried egg and some grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausages (or a combination of the two), cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 1 large (about 1 pound) onion, cut into 12 wedges
- 2 red and/or yellow peppers, cut lengthwise into 8 pieces
- A few sprigs rosemary
- About 1 tablespoon olive oil
- A heaping teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Arrange the sausages, potatoes, onion wedges, peppers, and rosemary in one layer on a half-sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, paying particular attention to the vegetables (the sausages are already seasoned); gently toss to coat.
- Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender and sausages are lightly browned, stirring once halfway through roasting.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- Serves 4