If you're looking for an alternative to dinner rolls or garlic bread, try making savory madeleines the next time you have a dinner party. Filled with parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper, the fluffy bites are so delicious yet simple to make. The perfect accompaniment to pasta or roasted chicken, they are also a pretty addition to your plate.
- 1 cup cake flour
1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
8 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Brush the madeline baking pan with 2 tablespoons of the melted cheese and dust with flour.
- Mix together the flour, cracked black pepper, and parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl and stir to distribute.
- Whip the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl for 3 minutes, or until frothy and yellow.
- Add the cream of tartar and sugar and whip again for 3 minutes, or until the eggs form ribbons when the beaters are removed from the bowl.
- Slowly fold in the flour and cheese mixture and then the melted butter.
- Scoop around 2 tablespoons of the batter into each madeleine mold then bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges have just started to brown.
- Remove from the oven, flip out of molds, and serve.
- Side Dishes
- North American
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds