One of the best things to come home to is dinner served fresh from your slow cooker. This recipe, from Six Sisters' Stuff ($21) shows you how to whip up a Tex-Mex staple with minimum effort. This no-frills crowd-pleaser is cozy and decadent, making it a must try.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (1-ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bottled ranch dressing, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 to 10 flour tortillas
- Cilantro (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken inside. Sprinkle taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix over chicken. Pour chicken broth over chicken in slow cooker and cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- In a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing and salsa; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and spread a thin layer of salsa/ranch mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Assemble enchiladas by spreading a few spoonfuls of the salsa/ranch mixture on each tortilla. Add shredded chicken and cheese on top and roll up. Place enchiladas seam-side down in the prepared pan and sprinkle any remaining cheese on top. Bake 30 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and nicely browned.
- Drizzle with ranch dressing and sprinkle chopped cilantro on top before serving, if desired.
- Main Dishes
- 8 servings
- Cook Time
- 4 hours 50 minutes