For a bit of extra flavor, sear the pork roast on each side before adding to the slow cooker.
- 1 large onion, chopped
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 1-1/4-ounce packet Taco Bell taco seasoning mix
2 tablespoons oil
1 16-ounce can tomato sauce
1 3-pound pork roast
24 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
3 cups Kraft Mexican Style Shredded Four Cheese Blend with a touch of Philadelphia
- Combine onions, peppers, taco seasoning, and oil in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring after 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and mix, and then pour into the slow cooker.
- Add meat and turn to evenly coat with sauce. Cover with lid and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker, reserving sauce in slow cooker, and let the pork cool slightly. Skim fat from sauce and discard fat.
- Use two forks to pull meat into shreds, and then return meat to slow cooker and stir until evenly coated with sauce.
- Spoon meat mixture onto tortillas just before serving, and top with cheese.
- Main Dishes, Pork
- North American
- 12 2-taco servings