- 4 large Japanese or Persian cucumbers, washed and plunged in an ice bath
1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons white vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Prep the cucumbers: Remove the cucumbers from the ice bath. Chop the ends off the sides of each cucumber; peel cucumbers, leaving alternating green stripes of skin. Halve the cucumbers lengthwise; use a small spoon to remove and discard cucumber seeds. Slice crosswise into half-moon-shaped segments, each 1/2-inch thick.
- Transfer chopped cucumber to a medium-sized mixing bowl; add salt.
- After 10 to 15 minutes, pour out excess water, and dry cucumber pieces with a paper towel.
- Add white vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame oil; stir to combine, and allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Vegetables, Salads
- 2 servings