When we discovered Audrey Hepburn's signature dish was spaghetti al pomodoro, we had to try making it ourselves. It's a delicious recipe that makes for a simple dish, or you can put a spin on the recipe with little love nests perfect for serving at your next cocktail party. It's a little bite of pasta that's so amazingly flavorful.
- 1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, diced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 28-ounce can Italian Roma tomatoes
1 large bunch fresh basil, washed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 pound spaghetti pasta, cooked
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Place all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and pulse until smooth. Pour into a medium saucepan and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Bring a stock pot of salted water to a boil and cook the spaghetti, draining once cooked through.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Use tongs to pick up pasta and twirl into greased mini muffin tins.
- Bake for 12 minutes then remove from the oven. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from molds.
And you must make parmesan cheese madeleines to go along with the little love nests!
- Appetizers, Finger Foods
- North American
- 12 love nests
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds