The next time you're heading out for a picnic or outdoor gathering, mix together a big batch of this refreshing drink that tastes so good on a hot afternoon. And it's a fun drink with a final kick thanks to a salty-lime rim.
- For the watermelon agua fresca
- 1 watermelon, cubed
- 1 cup water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup sugar
- For the drink
- 1 ounce spiced rum
- 1 ounce vodka
- 4 ounces watermelon agua fresca
- Jacobson Cocktail Salt
- Lime and watermelon for garnish
- To make the watermelon agua fresca, pulse the watermelon in a blender with the water, sugar, and lime until smooth. Strain over a fine-mesh strainer lined with paper towel, reserving the liquid.
- Fill a drink shaker with the spiced rum, vodka, and watermelon agua fresca. Top with ice and shake.
- Rim a glass with lime then dip in salt. Fill the glass with ice and then the drink. Garnish with a watermelon wedge and enjoy!
Want more Summer drinks? Check out these refreshing recipes.
- Drinks, Summertime