Baking during the Summer isn't the most enticing way to whip up something sweet, which makes these no-bake cheesecake a delicious treat. Adding fresh flavors, like basil and strawberry, turns the bite into something so much more than a sweet dessert. And fresh basil gives the cheesecake an earthy flavor while the fresh strawberries add a bite to the smooth base. And making them in mini muffin cups makes serving so easy.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 teaspoon butter
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon chopped basil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup water
1 1/4-ounce packet unflavored gelatin
1 cup strawberries, chopped
- Place the graham cracker crumbs and butter in a small plastic bag and squish together until the butter is incorporated.
- Fill muffin tins with paper or silicone muffin liners. Divide the graham cracker crumb mixture between the cups, pressing down with fingers to create the crust.
- Place the cream cheese in a mixing bowl along with the sugar, lemon zest, basil, and vanilla. Whip until smooth.
- Add the water and gelatin to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring until the gelatin dissolves.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the water and gelatin mix into the mixing bowl with the cream cheese and whip again.
- Place the strawberries in a blender and pour over the remaining 1/4 cup gelatin. Pulse until smooth then pour into a small bowl.
- Divide the cream cheese between the muffin tins then gently top with the strawberry mixture. Set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the muffin tin, pull away the liner, and enjoy!
- Desserts, Cheesecake
- North American
- 12 mini cheesecakes
- Total Time
- 19 minutes, 59 seconds