Perfect as an appetizer or light lunch, sweet potato rounds make a delicious base for chipotle-laced ground turkey, sweet corn, and creamy avocado. Spritz with lime, and you'll find it's hard to eat only one. Serve alongside a fresh salad or whip up a round of margaritas, and you're set.
- 1 large sweet potato
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pound ground turkey
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup salsa
1 teaspoon chipotle in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon flour
1/4 cup water
1 ear corn, cut from the cob and roasted
1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 400˚F.
- Wash the sweet potato, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Lightly coat a sheet pan with vegetable oil, then add the rounds, flipping to coat sides. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the ground turkey, garlic, salsa, chipotle, flour, and water to a saucepan over medium heat. Simmer together while breaking up the ground turkey until you have a smooth sauce.
- Cut the corn from the ear and place in a dry pan over high heat. Cook while stirring, allowing the corn to cook through and slightly char. Remove from heat.
- Mash the avocado and sour cream together, and set aside.
- Once the sweet potatoes are fork tender, remove them from heat and then top with the ground turkey sauce. Evenly distribute the corn, then top each with a dollop of the avocado cream. Serve with lime wedges and enjoy!
- Other, Appetizers
- North American
- 8 to 10 rounds
- Total Time
- 29 minutes, 59 seconds