- Olive oil
4-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 bundle asparagus, woody ends snapped off, tips reserved, stalks finely chopped
4 ounces pancetta, cut into small bits
8 ounces tagliatelle pasta
2 handfuls fresh cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
Splash of cream
Handful grated parmesan cheese
- Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil.
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a sauté pan set over medium heat. Add garlic, chopped asparagus, and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pancetta is almost crisp.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook following the box's instructions, until al dente.
- When the pancetta is almost crisp, add the tomatoes and cook until they're tender but not mushy.
- Add the asparagus tips to the boiling pasta water during the last couple minutes of cook time. Drain the pasta and asparagus tips.
- Combine the pasta and pancetta mixture; stir in a splash of cream and a handful of parmesan cheese, and stir to coat evenly.
- Pasta, Main Dishes
- North American
- Serves 2