- 1 cup loose-leaf black tea
3 whole star anise
4 cardamon pods
1 cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon ground tamarind
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1/4 cup Silk® Vanilla Cashewmilk
For the Thai Tea Mix
- Place the star anise, cloves, cardamon pods, and cinnamon stick in a plastic bag and gently pound with a rolling pin to break up the spices into smaller chunks.
- Place the loose-leaf tea and the ground tamarind into a paper bag and add the spices, shaking to disperse.
- Measure and add the sugar, if desired, which gives this drink a sweet kick and dissolves once the hot water hits. Now you have your very own Thai tea mix to make whenever you wish!
- Place 2 tablespoons of the mix in the base of an individual French press or in a tea ball.
- Cover with 2 cups boiling water then steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour over ice then top with 1/4 cup Silk Cashewmilk. Leave the milk at the bottom of the glass or stir to incorporate.
- Drinks, Tea
- North American
- 16 cups of tea
- Total Time
- 4 minutes, 59 seconds
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Sarah Lipoff