Autumn is filled with opportunities for celebration, but conjuring up a beautiful, decorative scheme out of thin air can be daunting. In order to help seasoned and novice hostesses alike with their Fall social calendars, we've dreamed up three incredible design themes to take the stress out of wining and dining. Read on for our comprehensive guide to hosting three unforgettable events this Autumn.
Whether you crave crisp cider sipped from a bier stein or salivate for soft pretzels, Oktoberfest offers a little something to satiate every appetite. Beat the crowds at your local biergarten this year by arranging a simple celebration at home — and don't forget to dish up heaping plates of hearty German fare like beer-braised bratwurst, buttery spaetzle, and zesty sauerkraut!
- Lend a little autumnal charm to each place setting with copper plates and polished moscow mule cups brimming with thirst-quenching lager and cider.
- Keep your decor rustic and relaxed by focusing on elements that take their cue from nature by selecting a centerpiece of bundled wheat or dried flowers.
- Add a dash of ambience with mood lighting cast by flickering candles housed in delicate glass votives.
On Sept. 22, tuck away your smartphone for the evening to indulge in nature's bewitching charm by admiring the Autumn equinox with family and friends. The equinox marks the beginning of Autumn, when the sun traverses the celestial equator and creates a day of equal sunlight and darkness — and it's an ideal opportunity to enjoy the beautiful bounty of the new season.
- Arrange for guests to arrive at dusk, and make witching hour extraseasonal by handing each guest a chalice of spiked apple cider.
- Invoke the colors of the equinox by adding a pop of purple to your centerpiece with plum-toned candles and a spray of faux grape leaves.
Supernatural Halloween decor evokes a childlike sense of wonder no matter your age, and the same goes for pumpkin carving! A whimsical color palette, seasonal decorative accents, and spooky adornments scattered throughout will evoke the spirit of the holiday.
- Illuminate your eerie tablescape with a miniature haunted house and spice-scented, cobweb-draped candles.
- Serve up your frightful feast on terra-cotta plates, and serve your youngest guests' drinks in delicate goblets fit for a witch or wizard.
- Plan the perfect pumpkin-carving party by leaning into a festive Fall palette of brilliant burnt orange and earthen terra cotta and sophisticated accents like gilded utensils.
Ready to explore more fall decor?
To shop all of the products shown in this story, click here or visit your local Pier 1.Get free shipping on orders of $49+ or free in-store pick-up on all orders.