Welcoming loved ones into your home should be an enjoyable experience for everyone. That's why we partnered with Lindt LINDOR for this post.
Hosting out-of-town guests for a long weekend or even your favorite girlfriend for an overnight calls for a guest-room update. Whether you're using an office cubby, a living room, or your bedroom for guests, take inspiration from top boutique hotels to create an inviting space. We have eight simple upgrades you can easily pull off before everyone arrives.
- Wash the linens: You've probably washed the sheets after the last guest visited, but they've been sitting in a stale closet, so toss them in the wash and give them a refresh. Layer on the luxury with high-thread-count sheets, lots of pillows, blankets, and fluffy towels in the bathroom.
- Make a welcome basket: Place a welcome basket on the bed so guests are greeted with lovely things right away. A few Lindt LINDOR truffles, a new, fragrant bar of soap, an eye mask, or even a minitube of hand lotion is a nice personal touch.
- Arrange fresh flowers: A fragrant arrangement placed near the bed and another in the bathroom set the tone for a relaxing visit. And the scent is also inviting, keeping your home smelling so fresh.
- Make a minikitchen: Nestle a single-cup coffee maker in the room along with mugs, ground coffee, and tea bags. You can also place a small cutting board and knife alongside a basket of fresh fruit, a few snacks, and a carafe of water. Guests can wake up with a fresh cup of coffee without even leaving the room.
- Stock the bathroom: Along with offering fresh towels and washcloths for your guests, arrange items out in the open so anything they might need is available. Put out fresh rolls of toilet paper, soaps, and travel-size toothpaste in a basket or on a pretty tray.
- Create privacy: Double-check the locks, make sure there are drapes or shades that provide privacy, and have a mirror in the room so guests can check how they look without leaving the room.
- Add some candles: Along with adding the scent of fresh flowers, place candles in the bedroom and bathroom for guests to enjoy during their stay. Don't forget clean drinking glasses next to the sink for using when brushing teeth or getting a drink of water in the middle of the night.
- Light the way: Make it easy for guests to move around at night and plug in nightlights around your house or motion-detector lights that turn on when guests walk by. This lets them feel comfortable to venture out for a midnight snack or to get something that's needed after everyone heads to bed.
More From Lindt LINDOR: