We've all heard phrases that hint towards the contrary, but it would seem that a few brews can have a wholly positive impact on your intimate affairs. Our friends at YourTango make a case for beer's ability to embolden us and improve your —or your partner's— sexual prowess.
Is there anything beer CAN'T do?
Dreams really do come true, and a whole lot of men are about to get very happy. Apparently, drinking beer makes men better in bed, at least according to an article on AskMen.
Did I just hear someone cracking open another cold one and smiling?
Instead of affecting a guy's sex life in a negative way, the news that beer can be a positive for a guy's sexual performance is a game changer. The timing couldn't be better, since not only are we in football season, but it's also the time where consuming massive amounts of beer isn't just tolerated — it's encouraged (Oktoberfest, anyone?).
So, dudes, it's kind of your moral obligation to drink like you're in high school behind the bleachers, or you're in college. Let the bros, jocks, surfer dudes, and frat guys celebrate what they hoped was true all along: that beer is healthy and magical, or magically healthy.
Life makes a little more sense now, and here's how beer can make you better at sex:
- It makes you last longer. Premature ejaculation is often caused by anxiety and stress. Having a beer or two will help you relax, and lessen some of your tension. Also, phytoestrogens in beer can be helpful in delaying ejaculation.
- Dark beer gets you in the mood. Dark beer actually has more iron than light beer, and iron increases red blood cells and circulation, allowing for easier arousal and more frequent erections.
- It's heart-healthy and improves endurance. Studies show drinking a pint of beer a day decreases the chances of having a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease. If you combine beer drinking with exercise, you not only make your heart healthier — you build up your cardio endurance, helping you to go the distance in the bedroom.
- Guinness, specifically, has antioxidants. Antioxidants clean up the circulation system. By keeping your plumbing clean, it allows for healthy functioning of the vital blood vessels and capillaries necessary for healthy sex functioning in the penis. Which is good, because Guinness is delicious.
- It boosts your sex drive. Fifty Shades of Green, obviously inspired by the Fifty Shades of Grey phenomena, is loaded with 50 different hop varieties, ginseng, ginkgo biloba, and damiana (nerve stimulator) to enhance performance.
Go ahead and crack open another brewskie. It's good for you and will make your partner happier, too.
Check out more great stories from YourTango:
- 7 Things You Should Know Before Loving a Lady Who Drinks Beer
- Couples Who Drink Together, Stay Together (Says Science)
- Just in: Sex and Booze Make You Happier Than Your Own KIDS
- Drinking Alcohol Makes You Better Looking (Says Science)
- How Alcohol Addiction Ended My Marriage