There are certain things couples do that make you roll your eyes or are just downright cringeworthy. Dear Wendy has made a list of the 15 most annoying couple-isms, or in other words, a list of behaviors to avoid if you don't want to be that couple.
I asked you to share some of your favorite time-wasting websites. I mentioned that one of my guilty pleasures is STFU, Couples, and since I get such a kick out of laughing at annoying couple-isms, I thought I'd share my "favorite" 15 real-life annoying couple-isms.
- Using Facebook status updates in lieu of personal emails or texts to each other.
- Addressing each other as "babe" nonstop. Call each other what you want in private, but let's stick to given names when we're around other people.
- Going everywhere together. Hey, honey, your boyfriend doesn't belong at your friend's bachelorette party. You can be apart for a few hours — it won't kill you.
- Feeding each other.
- Fighting in front of friends and family.
- Dressing matchy-matchy. It's fine for your wedding day and maybe Halloween, but that's about it.
- Sharing the same email address.
- Sharing friends' secrets with each other.
- Referring to each other as "my husband" or "my girlfriend" with people who have met them multiple times and know their names.
- Baby talk. Gross.
- Televising their wedding.
- Long, dramatic goodbyes every time one leaves the other for a couple of hours.
- Bragging about their sex lives.
- Saying "I love you" at the end of every single phone conversation, even if they just talked to each five minutes ago.
- Walking with their hands in each other's back pockets.
What else do couples do that annoy the hell out of you?