If your kitty loves a crunchy treat, then try making these easy and healthy organic goodies that will have her purring. Filled with healthy spinach and chicken, these cat treats also include organic catnip, which ensures your fur-ball will go crazy for these indulgences. And you'll love knowing exactly what she's noshing on.
It's as simple as steaming organic boneless and skinless chicken thighs and letting a blender or food processor do the rest of the work. The result is a bountiful supply of tasty cat treats that are sure to become your kitty's new favorite snack.
If your cat isn't a fan of chicken, then swap with organic salmon or tuna.
- 1/2 pound steamed organic boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach leaves
- 1 cup organic quick-cooking oats
- 1 organic brown egg
- 1 tablespoon organic catnip
- 1/4 cup flour
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF. Steam the boneless and skinless chicken thighs until cooked through. You can swap for boneless and skinless organic chicken breasts, salmon, or tuna with cat-loving results too. Let the chicken cool for 20 minutes before the next step.
- Place the chicken, oats, spinach leaves, egg, and catnip in a blender or food processor, and pulse on low until the mixture blends together. It should still be a bit chunky but also smooth, similar to the texture of wet sand.
- Pop the mixture into a bowl and add the flour. You can also add a dash of salt or sugar to mix up the flavor. Use your hands to knead the dough until it's no longer sticky, then place on a flour-dusted work surface.
- Use a rolling pin to create a rectangle of dough around 1/2 inch thick. With the help of a pizza cutter or small cookie cutter, create small shapes for the finished treats.
- Place the kitty treats on a parchment-lined sheet tray, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool until room temperature, and then toss to your cat.
- Pet Treats, Cat Food
- North American
- Several dozen small treats