Once Halloween passes, you'll surely have a jack-o'-lantern or two that need to be used up, and if you've got a pup in the house, he'll be the perfect recipient. You can whip up this delicious pumpkin treat pretty quickly. Serve two tablespoons of the mixture per 20 pounds of body weight of your dog as a whole food topping to your dog's usual meals. Keep the leftover mixture (before the Proper Toppers are added) in the fridge for up to three days.
- Set a large frying pan over medium heat to begin warming.
- Add the olive oil, and then carefully add the pumpkin cubes once the oil is hot (it should sizzle slightly when the first cube is added).
- Sautee for about 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a cup of instant bone broth by mixing the powder with the cup of warm water, and whisk.
- Give the pumpkin cubes a stir to make sure they don't stick to the pan.
- Add the coconut oil to the warm bone broth (it will liquefy at this point if it's solid when added).
- Carefully pour the bone broth and coconut mixture onto the pumpkin, stir carefully, and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes more, until the pumpkin is completely cooked through and tender.
- Cool sufficiently, and sprinkle with Proper Toppers just before serving.
- Pet Treats, Dog Food
- Cook Time
- 30 minutes