Bright scents have the power to invigorate, which is why we partnered with Gain for this refreshing post.
Some mornings, a hot shower isn't enough to kick-start the day. Turn your steam into an invigorating beginning thanks to scents that will leave you feeling amazing. And these early-morning shower hacks are so easy, making them a quick addition to your already hectic routine.
- Essential oils: Keep a few bottles of your favorite scent of essential oils in the shower next to your products and add a few drops to the water once you turn the water to hot. The smell will infuse your entire shower stall.
- Fresh tea bag: Another quick way to add aroma to your shower is to bring a tea bag in with you. Place at your feet and breathe deep. You can even keep a few bags in a pretty canister right next to the shower.
- Bath salts: You might think bubble bath and bath salts are only for when you're soaking, but you can sprinkle some bath salts in your shower or even a few drips of bubble bath for an instant boost.
- Dried herbs: Mix together a homemade potpourri of dried flowers or fresh herbs and place in a bowl in your shower stall. The steam from the shower and any stray hot droplets will release the scent. Refresh each week for big smells.
- Bath bombs: You can also DIY your own scented bath bombs that dissolve while you're showering. It's a fresh way to start the day, and the little fizzies are so cute. Make a batch and store next to the tub.
- Fresh flowers: One of my favorite ways to infuse the entire bathroom with a fabulous scent is to fill a vase with flowers every week — especially ones with strong scents like gardenias or roses. As your bathroom steams up, the scent grows stronger. Arrange the vase close to your shower for maximum aroma.
- DIY air freshener: Mix together a personalized air freshener for spritzing in the shower. The oils will mix together with the hot steam and fill the entire space with lovely fragrance. And it's also a great way to infuse your skin with scented oils too.
More From Gain