If your 30s really are the new 20s, then let's make sure they're the best years yet. We partnered with Chobani Simply 100® on this post that shows you how to balance your life for the new decade ahead.
Gone are the days of staying up all night, ordering pizza with abandon, and winging it at work. Turning 30 might feel like a megamilestone, but these are the best years for figuring everything out. You've had the chance to explore adventures and try new things, leaving you feeling pretty set in life and ready to take on new healthy habits that set you up for successful years to come. Because now is the time for celebrating your accomplishments while working to reach all your goals. Make it happen and start these healthy habits today.
- Get more sleep: You might not think you need more sleep, but your body definitely does. By the time you hit your 30s, sleep is a respite for more than your brain. Opt for 8 hours of sleep for fresh skin and a positive attitude straight out of bed.
- Take care of your bones: It's never too early to start taking care of your body, so upping your calcium intake promotes good bone health. Start the day with a calcium-rich smoothie or tuck a Greek yogurt in your lunch, which fuels you with healthy protein and fiber.
- Schedule a physical: Make the call and schedule a physical for a full health exam. It's the best way to be proactive when it comes to your health. And you can even turn it into a yearly date with yourself and hit the spa once you're done.
- Work it: It's time to stop binge-watching and work out. If you haven't found something that you connect with at this point, join a gym and find your soul mate of a workout. Along with getting in shape, you'll make new connections.
- Start cooking: Yes, it's so much easier to order in but cooking your own meals is the only way to know exactly what's going into your body. Get adventurous with easy recipes that make for delicious dinners, and leftovers double as lunch the next day. You'll also save money!
- Shop the whole grocery store: While you are becoming a budding master chef, hit the grocery store and shop the entire space, spending time getting to know where all the goodies are. Look for fresh, organic vegetables, whole grains, and healthy dairy products to load your fridge and pantry, which keeps you light and healthy.
Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Jae Payne
- Build an emergency fund: Whatever your career path, you should have an emergency fund started to help if something unexpected happens. This way when emergencies happen, like health problems or car repairs, you can manage without running to the parentals for help.
- Have a regular skin care routine: Gone are the days of falling into bed without washing your face first. Along with taking care of your skin nightly, following a morning routine is a must, too. And update your moisturizer with one that has SPF protection.
- Retirement plan: Just like setting up an emergency fund, get yourself set up with a retirement fund. Check with your employer to see if there is a plan that works for you or talk with a financial planner for tips. Managing your money sets you up for a smart future, keeping you happy and healthy for years to come.
- Cut back: This goes for everything. Cut back on sugar, caffeine, alcohol, eating out — stressing too much. Think about ways to remove toxic relationships, ditch bad habits, and be smarter about what you're eating. You'll set yourself up for a healthier life.
- Set healthy goals: Taking the time to set regular goals keeps you on track while cutting stress levels. Create monthly ones you can break down by week and day if need be. And set a few big ones for hitting each year, too. Be specific when writing out your list, which makes accomplishing a goal feel so satisfying.
- Make time to relax: Even on your busiest days, making time for relaxing calms frazzled nerves and provides time for decompressing. You'll feel better, look better, and perform better at work. And downtime doesn't cost a dime.
More From Chobani
Whether you're trying to save more time or manage your weight, how you reach your goals matters. That's why Chobani created Chobani Simply 100®, a range of delicious, naturally sweetened Greek yogurt full on flavor and satisfaction for 100 calories. Made with only natural, non-GMO ingredients, 12g protein, 5g fiber and 75% less sugar than regular yogurt. Try one of the 11 delicious flavors today!