Cleaning your place is the last thing you want to do with your free time, which is why we partnered with P&G and Lowe's on this post that will show you how to get in, get out, and get it done so you can get back to your real life.
I don't know about you, but my sink is often overflowing with dirty dishes accompanied by a range top covered with used pans, resulting in some serious scrubbing in the kitchen. Instead of wasting time tackling baked-on grime, take 20 minutes (or less!) to get your space clean, leaving you more time for other fun things — like catching up on your favorite shows. Here's our checklist, with suggested times, for getting your kitchen clean in minutes.
- Clear countertops: Leave any appliances you use daily out on countertops and wipe clean. If your blender is only used a few times per month, it's just collecting dust, meaning it's time to stash. Get rid of any clutter and toss garbage in the trash. (2 to 3 minutes)
- Wipe cabinets and pulls: This is an important step in keeping your kitchen sanitary, so give your cabinets, especially handles and pulls, a quick spray with cleaner and then wipe. Don't forget the door to the cabinet holding your garbage. (2 minutes)
- Spray your range top: While you're working, give your range top a spritz with cleaner and let it work its magic while you tackle the rest of the kitchen. Don't worry about wiping clean, we'll get to that later. (30 seconds)
- Empty the dishwasher: Clear your dishwasher of clean dishes leaving space for all your dirty ones. And if you reposition your plates, glasses, and silverware storage as close to your dishwasher as possible, emptying the dishwasher takes minutes. (2 minutes)
- Rinse dishes and place in dishwasher: Give all those dishes in your sink a quick rinse and then load into the dishwasher. And many of your pots and pans are safe to toss in there too. (3 minutes)
- Soak dishes: If you have any dishes that are a total mess, add some liquid dish soap to your sink, plug the drain, and fill with hot water. You can also use this time to hand-wash dishes if you don't have a dishwasher. Don't worry about finishing those baked-on pans now, let them soak until later. (3 to 4 minutes)
- Sweep the floor: Quickly sweep your floor of debris and whisk away the mess into your garbage can. Spot clean any marks on the floor as needed with a damp paper towel. You can give your floor a deep cleaning on another day. (3 minutes)
- Wipe down range top: Remember how you gave your stove top a spritz with cleaner? Give it a quick swipe, getting rid of any grime. (30 seconds)
- Finish pots and pans: Finish washing pots and pans then drain sink and wipe it clean, too. (2 minutes)
- Wipe fridge handles: Spray your fridge handles with cleaner and wipe. (30 seconds)
- Fold kitchen towels: All that's left is to do is fold your kitchen towels, straighten anything that needs it, and take a quick look at your clean kitchen! All done in less than 20 minutes!
And if you keep up with this quick kitchen-cleaning routine, you'll find it takes less and less time every day! Dedicate a couple of minutes right when you get home, after cooking dinner, or while you're enjoying your morning coffee just to your kitchen. Then pick a Saturday afternoon once a month to really deep clean your cooking space, helping your home sparkle.
More From P&G and Lowe's.