Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Lisette Mejia
We partnered with Tampax for this post sharing lesser-known locations you need to check out if you're looking for a Spring break location without big crowds.
If you are over epic Spring break beach bashes, it's time to find a new destination for kicking back and relaxing. When searching for a new spot, take into consideration what you really want when getting away from it all. We have seven destinations that are refreshingly unique, checking all your vacation boxes. Pack everything you need — it's time for Spring break.
- Orange Beach, AL: If soaking up the sun is still at the top of your list, Orange Beach is where you need to go. The area has pristine white beaches waiting for you to kick back with a good read. There are local spas for indulging plus shopping and fine-dining restaurants galore. Take advantage of the biking and hiking trails for a really lovely trip.
- Moab, UT: Head to this little town that's tucked between Red Rocks Country and Arches and Canyonlands national parks. It's absolutely stunning, with vibrant red formations that are so striking alongside clear, blue skies. Go river rafting, hike the parks, go horseback riding, or hang out in the cool and eclectic town.
- The Grand Canyon: A destination that is super popular during the Summer months, hitting The Grand Canyon for Spring break offers stunning views plus tons of outdoor activities pre-big-crowds. There are so many hiking options, or you can stick to your car and take a scenic trip around the park.
- The Olympic Peninsula, WA: If you can't get enough of the crashing ocean, head northwest for some serious beach action. It's pretty quiet as far as tourists go this time of year, but the ocean is something to gawk at.
- San Antonio, TX: This city is often overlooked for cool, hipster city Austin, but there's so much to do in sunny San Antonio. It's nice and warm, and it has a pedestrian-only riverwalk filled with unique shops and award-winning restaurants. Hike up Enchanted Rock or take a ghost tour; this is a destination you'll love if you're looking for lots of exciting adventures.
- St. Augustine, FL: This charming town has tons of classic architecture, plus it's so quaint. Relax on the sugar-sand beaches during the day, then stroll the historic streets in the evening. It's really a romantic city, offering unique museums to explore and lots of old streets for strolling — some are even rumoured to be haunted!
- Big Sur, CA: This is a stunning location filled with rocky vistas and amazing views of the ocean. If you love long hikes and hidden beaches, Big Sur is where to go for Spring break. Check out the lighthouse at Point Sur, stop by the Big Sur Bakery, or hit a local spa for a rejuvenating treatment. It's a cool spot to get away from it all.
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography / Lisette Mejia