Sharing all the cool stuff that happens in your life via social media is a big part of your day, which is why we partnered with Bausch + Lomb for this post.
Kicking back with social media is like hanging out with your most beloved friend. You get to peruse beautiful images, get a good laugh thanks to a perfectly shared GIF, and stay up-to-date on every celebrity drama. Let's not forget the countless hours sharing your own stuff too (cough — selfies — cough). Combined, it's potential social media overload. Well, our editors stopped to share their experiences and dish on their online obsessions.
You know you're addicted to social media when . . .
- You plan to go somewhere, like a cool bakery, mostly because you want to Instagram it.
- You go out to eat and everybody waits to take their first bite because they know you need to take a photo first.
- You see street art and think about how good of a Snapchat background it would be. Better yet, when you have a list of street art for future outfit pics.
- You choose restaurants based on your friends' #FoodPorn snaps.
Source: Sony Pictures
- You've perfected the art of sneaking Snapchat photos on public transit.
- Your thumbnails never grow long, because you're always typing long Tumblr posts on your phone.
- You know character names and storylines from shows you've never watched because you see so many GIFs from them on Tumblr.
- You think about life events in terms of how many Facebook "likes" they'd earn (e.g., "If we got engaged, I bet we could break 300 'likes'!").
- You communicate better with GIFs than with words.
- You take photos specifically to share on Instagram, not for your personal albums.
- You check in everywhere you go and tag yourself in pictures.
- You have had a Snapchat story reach 200-plus seconds while at a concert.
- You think you have arthritis in your thumbs from swiping up and down too much.
- Your child knows to stop and wait until you've taken a picture when doing a craft project so you can Instagram it.
More from Bausch + Lomb
Staring at your smartphone screen all day could make you hate your lenses. Try Biotrue and feel the difference. Take the Biotrue Challenge today!