Source: POPSUGAR Photography
Our smartphones have turned into so much more than a way to take a conversation on the go, and with so many other tech advancements, 2014 was filled with interesting contraptions, apps, and developments. Let's take a closer look at how a few of these advancements have — and will — make our lives a breeze.
- Uber ups and downs: You can't deny Uber has definitely made life easier — and been the root of tons of hilarious conversations and the base of tons of Reddit threads. But the app does get you a ride when you need it wherever you are.
- 3D printing: This technology was a thing of sci-fi dreams but now allows you to print everything from food to biological tissues. While the technology could even save your life, it can also just be really fun to print your own toys at home.
- Smartwatches: We've been dreaming of our own Inspector Gadget-style watch since the '80s, but smartwatches really took off in 2014. While we can't "Go-Go-Gadget" a video call just yet, getting text, alert, and call notifications on your wrist is a step in the right direction.
- Tinder: Tinder has been around the block, but 2014 was clearly the year for crazy Tinder stories and hookups. Hey, if it's helping others make connections, that's what's important, right?
- Fitness trackers: Fitness trackers have evolved to be so much more than a basic pedometer and can now track your activity, heart rates, calorie burn, running pace, and even elevation (among other things). And along with being helpful, many of the newest bands are actually pretty cute, too.
- Drones: We got a little taste of this technology with use of drones for delivery of packages, changing the way we think of door-to-door services. Truth be told, we're a bit skeptical that these services will actually pan out, though. Prove us wrong!
Image Source: POPSUGAR Photography