Besties Nikia and Taryn are the epitome of Los Angeles style. Taryn, a photographer and founder of blog Velvet Sugar, and Nikia, a personal stylist, designer, and founder of Mad Maven Style, are lovers of all things vintage and live for the creative process. They're inspired by everything LA has to offer, from the music to the culture to the landscape, and are constantly exploring new destinations in their home city. We came along as they headed to their three favorite spots to cheers and enjoy the California sun.
1. Paradise Cove Beach: "Drinking on the beach is a California MUST, and Paradise Cove is an amazing (and legal!) place to drink a beer and enjoy sunbathing or a stunning sunset. We love sunshine and a salty sea breeze, and this place definitely has all the feels. Is there anything more Summer than a beach and a beer?"
2. Santa Monica Pier: "This is a staple of Santa Monica, and a great place to indulge in fun activities — and the people watching is prime! We have so many good memories from the pier: one of Taryn’s first LA dates was on the Ferris wheel. It’s the perfect place to cheers with a Dos Equis since it’s a major social hang out spot, and TBH, there's nothing better than an amusement park on the beach in the sun!"3. Local Vineyards: "It's great to escape the city for a little while and take in an ocean view and a beverage. Many of the local vineyards have gorgeous lawns where you can bring your own picnic while you sit back and sunbathe with music and friends. We are both such social people and love to soak up the day with our friends — wineries are always great relaxing places to enjoy a little day drinking and some laughs."
Texas-raised and half Cuban, Natalie is a sales executive by day and blogger by night who is constantly planning her next adventure. She loves her home city of Dallas, and can't get enough of its happy hour-friendly lifestyle. She and her husband are always on the lookout for places they can bring their rescue pup, Leo, as well as chic date-night spots for just the two of them. Read on for their ultimate summertime hangouts in Dallas.
1. Highland Park Village: "Highland Park Village is an iconic Dallas hotspot — you truly never know who you’ll see walking around. From designer stores to upscale restaurants, this is an area you can start your day in and end your night. My parents would take me here as a kid and now it’s a place I go to often as an adult. I’ve also had more than a few girls' nights here! I love that this spot offers a little bit of everything. It’s classy and timeless but full of life and character."2. Klyde Warren Park: "There is always something going on at Klyde Warren Park — it’s its own little world that is constantly holding events that celebrates different cultures and the arts. Whether you want to grab food from one of the food trucks and have a picnic, take your dog to the dog park, or visit for one of the many free events they have, like salsa in the park, there’s always something to do. A giant park with games, food trucks, a bar, and water fountains? This is the epitome of Summer! Happy moments happen here — there’s always an opportunity to cheers to a new adventure."
3. Backyard Bars: "We love places with a laid-back vibe where all feel welcome (even dogs!), especially spots that bring in food trucks and live music. There's nothing better than a cold beer and live music outside in the Summer. We go with a group of friends to enjoy a bucket of beer, and more times than not, you’ll end up making friends with someone new."
Dallas-based Stephanie's mission is to showcase attainable fashion and beauty inspiration, and she loves to create tutorials to teach women how to get glam, even when they feel like they have no sense of style. Dubbed as the “Not So Beauty Blogger” for her amateur tips and tricks, she creates content that everyone can relate to and easily achieve. Along with her avid blogging, Stephanie is a full-time working wife and mom who's all about taking time for herself to balance her hectic schedule — hello, happy hour! Find out about her ultimate Summer hideaways in Dallas below.
1. Cole Park: "Cole Park is the perfect Summer hangout. Every time I’m there, friends are out enjoying some fun in the sun, and it's close to so many other great restaurants and attractions. I love coming here with my best friends from high school to reminisce and enjoy a beer after a great dinner close by. It's also perfect for a sunset picnic — there are tons of families and dogs, and it's just overall carefree and fun."2. Restaurants With a Great Patio: "I love places where I can eat on the patio and enjoy the Texas sun. This is where I meet up with all of my girlfriends, especially when we haven’t seen each other in awhile. Places where I can grab a margarita, do a little salsa dancing, and gather with friends outside are the best."3. Outdoor Live Music Venues: "I love any place where the theme is backyard, bar, and live music. I try to go to as many spots with an outdoor area that have a relaxed vibe and great food. True staples of Dallas living!"
Credits: Photography: Angie Garcia (Natalie), David Mendoza (Nikia and Taryn), Dylan Alexander (Nikia and Taryn), Maribel Morales (Stephanie); Wardrobe: Limited-edition towel jacket produced by BASK + Dos Equis; Design: Rebecca Joy