Posts for November 10th 2007
From the start, Jessica Simpson's upcoming movie Major Movie Star has gotten a lot of flack. Considering her attempts at film thus far including most recently Blonde Ambition going straight to DVD, the expectations are pretty low for her latest. Here is the preview and our first real look at Jessica's homage to Private Benjamin. I don't want to ruin the experience with too many words so take a look for yourself and let me know. Jessica Simpson's Major Movie Star trailer — love it or leave it?
Christina Ricci and her new caramel colored hairdo flashed a big smile at LAX on Thursday. She's made some drastic changes to her hair in the past, but this time around Christina decided to go back to her roots — literally. She said, "I actually really like it. I read a long time ago, in some beauty bible, that if you want to change your hair color, you should go back to the color you were as a toddler. So that's what I was." We're not so sure that this hair dye theory would work on everyone, but it certainly makes Christina look baby-faced again.
Katherine Heigl looked calculatedly casual out around her new home in LA on Friday afternoon. Gotta say that I'm kinda loving the whole look — she's definitely got an enviable wardrobe, especially compared to what she gets to wear on Grey's. Things got off to a semi-awkward start in Izzie and George: The Romance on Thursdays episode — uh oh, trouble in paradise already. Unfortunately, due to the writers' strike, we may have to wait a while to see how the whole thing plays out. Well, even if we're put on involuntary Izzie Stevens hiatus, we've still got all her dresses to look forward to.
Madonna made her way around London Friday showing off her toned arms in a cozy track suit. After spending some time in the US announcing big new plans and getting in girl time, Madonna is back to her same old gym routine. While these may not be the most exciting photos, the pop icon will always hold a special place in our hearts. Do you love checking in on anything and everything Madonna? We want to know your thoughts, so help us out by taking our fast and easy little survey. We love reading your feedback in the comments section, but now here's your chance to take it up a notch and make yourself heard!
This week was a bonanza of baby news. J Lo finally announced her pregnancy, and Christina admitted the obvious as well when she talked about motherhood. Adding to the expecting mommies is Cate Blanchett who said that she's pregnant with her third child, but that didn't stop her from celebrating Armani in China. And in other baby news, Tom and Katie threw a themed tea party for Suri, which had to have been the cutest thing ever. Here's what else went down:
- While Posh prepped for her role on Ugly Betty, David Beckham was busy in LA with charity work and traveling to both Canada and Minnesota to play in friendly matches.
- Lindsay Lohan might be following in Posh's footsteps by guest starring on Ugly Betty, and this week, after Lindsay's trip to Ken Paves, Riley was causing trouble on myspace.
- Glamour's woman of the year, Jennifer Garner, celebrated her award on Tuesday with Ben, before spending some quality time with Violet at the playground and heading to work on Broadway.
- Parents-to-be Nicole Richie and Joel Madden have been lying low, but not too low to do a little shopping or unsuccessful house hunting.
- Britney Spears has been spending a lot of money this week, between the chandeliers, a new Mercedes, and having to pay Kevin's legal bills. Lynne is speaking about her unhappiness, and Britney has managed to miss 8 of her 14 court-ordered drug tests.
- Angelina Jolie took a short break from filming The Changeling to promote Beowulf and attend the premiere, but then it was back to the set, where she received a special visit from Pax.
- The Hollywood writers' strike has received support from actors, with the ladies from Wisteria Lane, the residents of Seattle Grace and the staffers at Mode magazine going outside to picket in solidarity.