It's time for the Screen Actors Guild Awards! Fresh off all the excitement of last weekend's Golden Globe Awards, the biggest actors and actresses in Hollywood are out to honor each other — check out all the winners here. We're covering the red carpet and press room live all night long, so stay tuned here and on our Twitter. Plus, vote on all of tonight's biggest looks with Fab and Bella's love it or hate it polls now.
Posts for January 23rd 2010
Sandra Bullock hit the red carpet at tonight's SAG Awards looking lovely, and she shined on stage once she won the Best Actress statue for her work in The Blind Side. She gracefully entered the press room to talk about her gratefulness for being rewarded after reevaluating her whole approach toward her work. She said:
- On her latest win: "Being an actor was something I never owned up to, in a way. I could be a hostess or a waitress or a house restorer before I considered myself an actor because I never thought I was good enough. . . to be in a room tonight and be with the women I'm in the company of. . . I feel like I am part of a group I am really proud of. And they take such good care of you in the Screen Actors Guild!"
- On beating Meryl: "It's a fluke, I feel it's wrong if you really want to know the truth. . . My money was on Meryl, and I'll tell her that time and time again. There were exquisite performances this year, but Meryl always manages to top herself."
- On choosing her roles now: "I meant what I said when I said I quit once and wasn't working for two years, and in that time, interestingly enough, I met my husband and was happier at home than I was anywhere else. And it made me even more selective. I learned how to say no."
- On if she has anything on her bucket list: "You know what, there's not one thing I can think of that I haven't done. I do everything, you know I am one of those people who knows how lucky she is. Every day I look around the house and count my blessings."
The cast of Inglourious Basterds took home the Best Ensemble Cast at this evening's SAGs, and they were soon off for a pit stop in the press room. Diane Kruger, Christoph Waltz, BJ Novak, Omar Doom, Jacky Ido and Eli Roth were there to talk about their latest honor, though their costar Brad Pitt skipped out on the event. They did, apparently, make sure to keep him in the loop. They said:
- Christoph on if they told Brad Pitt about the win: "We all did!"
- BJ on what Brad responded: "LOL, he said."
- Eli on how they'll celebrate tonight: "We were celebrating while we were shooting, celebrating at the table, and the celebration will continue tonight!"
- Diane on working with so many guys: "The best part about my role is that I really kick ass. I'm tougher than most guys really — well maybe not Christoph!"
- Eli on working with Quentin Tarantino: "You just clear your schedule and make yourself available. . . any of us would be honored to work with him again."
- Diane on her dress: "It's Jason Wu — we created it together."
Betty White was the recipient of the SAG's big Lifetime Achievement Award, and she headed into the press room afterwards to chat about her honor. She looked radiant in her bright dress, which featured an unexpected slit Betty was happy to show off when she wasn't praising her good friend Sandra Bullock. She said:
- On her big win: "I am not going to be fit to live with for the next years."
- On who she gets starstruck by these days: "I've never met him but Robert Redford is my standard answer to anything. I will tell you very close to the very top of that list is one Sandra Bullock, she's the epitome of what a movie star should be...she's the most down-to-earth human being. I just can't say enough about her. "
- On the unexpected slit up her dress: "You gotta use everything you possibly can!"
Michael C. Hall headed straight into the press room following his win for Best Actor at tonight's SAG Awards for his role in Dexter. It's been a good week for Michael after also taking home a prize at last Sunday's Golden Globes, and he answered a few questions about where he's storing his new statues and going public with his cancer fight. He said:
- On the aftermath of announcing he has cancer: "A lot of people have reached out to me that I wouldn't have heard from otherwise. . . high school teachers, friends from college. I've actually spent a lot of this week responding to concerned, but ultimately encouraging e-mails."
- On expecting Dexter's success: "I knew that our task was to try to sympathize a serial killer, that was a unique goal. I thought the show could develop some sort of cult following, but I didn't anticipate that following would be so broad, and it would attract as many fans as it had. . . I certainly didn't see bobble-heads or video games or any of that stuff."
- On where he's storing his newly-won awards: "I put it in a little passageway between the bathroom and the guest bedroom, where we have such things. So I'll probably put this there."
Jesse James escorted his wife Sandra Bullock, in an Alexander McQueen gown and a Bochic bangle, down the red carpet before the SAG Awards tonight in LA. Once the show started, Sandra proudly took the stage to present her friend and The Proposal costar Betty White with a lifetime achievement award. Sandra's also up for an award this evening because of her leading role in The Blind Side, but first let us know what you think about her gorgeous makeup and sparkly dress with Bella and Fab's polls!
Diane Kruger looked fabulous in her Jason Wu gown this evening as she and Joshua Jackson walked the red carpet at the SAG Awards in LA. The couple also attended last week's Golden Globes together, where Josh showed his love by sweetly holding Diane's umbrella. The weather this evening was better so Diane's dress could shine on its own — make sure to let us know what you think with all of Bella and Fab's live love it or leave it polls!
Penelope Cruz went with a black L'Wren Scott dress for the carpet at tonight's SAG Awards — weigh in on her look and all the others with Bella and Fab's love it or hate it polls! Penelope's nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category for her work in Nine, and she's out tonight with her costars Kate Hudson, Marion Cotillard, and Sophia Loren. Kate provided quite a contrast to Penelope in a white gown, which turned more than a few heads with its low back.