- See all 14 shades from the Kardashians' new nail polish kollection up klose!
- PopSugar City LA: fabulous salons your hair will love
- Celebrate Bastille Day with French cuisine
- Love at Hogwarts: romantic Harry Potter moments
- Summer’s hottest maternity trend is big and bold
- First look: Textile Elizabeth and James Summer
- Freshen your bedroom with a new pillow arrangement
- Harry Potter in pop culture: 10 memorable mentions
- In her shoes: secrets to being Michelle Phan, YouTube star
- Important exercises every high-heel wearer should do
- Baby raccoons hanging in a hammock
- Harry Potter's most magical witches and wizards
- Find out why colorblocking is trendy every season
- Video: have you seen Mila Kunis's new guy and sexy new spread?
- Sarah Jessica Parker does August's Vogue with Matthew, James Wilkie, and the twins!
Posts for July 12th 2011
Dakota Fanning stepped out yesterday on the set of her latest movie Now Is Good with a shockingly short new 'do. Dakota plays a young woman dying of leukemia in the film, and whether the haircut is her own or simply a wig she's sporting for the role, it was a big departure from her usual longer blond locks. Dakota wouldn't be the first young Hollywood celebrity with a pixie cut. Emma Watson, Michelle Williams, Ginnifer Goodwin and Carey Mulligan are just a few actresses who have gone under the scissors and worn the style for movie parts and personal preference. Dakota revealed the new look as she got to work this week following a trip to NYC last month to check out colleges. The actress, who graduated from high school in early June, is reportedly set on going to a Big Apple university when school starts in the Fall.
George Clooney flashed a smile at the Cancun Film Festival today during a photo call for his latest directorial project The Ides of March. The political thriller, which he also stars in, kept George and his costars Evan Rachel Wood and Ryan Gosling busy shooting in the Midwest for much of the Fall and Winter. Evan and Ryan didn't join George south of the border for this afternoon's festivities, and, of course, he was also without his ex-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis. She was a frequent fixture by his side at red-carpet events for the past few years. It was his first public appearance since the end of their relationship made news in late June, and according to some reports, the reason George and Elisabetta broke up was that he doesn't want to get married or have children. Whatever the cause for the split, George has plenty on his professional plate to keep him occupied this Summer and Fall. The Ides of March hits theaters in October, The Descendants is out in December, and George has also signed on to produce his friend Ben Affleck's upcoming movie Argo.
Brad Pitt was in Cancun for the last few days to do press for his upcoming movie, Moneyball. While at an afternoon press conference, he spoke about his own experiences with baseball. Brad Pitt said of the sport, "I like to play ball with my boys . . . [before the movie] I knew very little about baseball apart from taking one in the face in junior high." Maddox and Pax's schedules were free yesterday to take a dip in the ocean and play with bodyboards. Their famous dad wrapped up his press duties by nighttime and took off with Pax and Maddox from the airport.
Sarah Jessica Parker's new August Vogue cover is out, and the actress gave readers a peek into her happy home life. Her husband, Matthew Broderick, joined in on the accompanying photo shoot from Mario Testino, as did their three kids, James Wilkie, Tabitha, and Loretta. Multitasking SJP will be back on the big screen with September's I Don't Know How She Does It, and the subject of maintaining a family and a busy work life is one she's familiar with in real life. Sarah Jessica spoke about her and Matthew's views on raising children, in addition to what concerns her about raising toddlers while in her 40s. She also spoke about her love of acting, as well as how she's different from her iconic role of Carrie Bradshaw in Sex and the City. Sarah Jessica said:
- On her and Matthew's approach to parenting: "We don't have any live-in help. We're pretty hands-on parents. That's something that's important to both of us, and we don't shirk it, because what's the point in having a family if you're not going to really participate in it, you know?"
- On not being like Carrie Bradshaw: "Bradshaw's life is nothing — nothing — like mine. I loved playing her, and it changed my life in lots of wonderful ways, but I'm not a crazy shoe lady, I don't think about fashion all day long, although I have a great respect for the industry. Every choice we've made has been different."
- On being a parent to twins in her 40s: "I guess I think there are things about it that I hope have made me a better mother. I've had a lot of opportunities to do the things that I wanted to do, like sleep. I have slept till 11:00 for a lot of years. Honestly, the only thing that I'm concerned about is the energy: I hope I can maintain the energy. I think about all the years I've spent parenting James Wilkie and everything I put into it, and there are two of them."
- On her commitment to acting: "It's kind of all I've known. I'm a bitter-ender. It's potentially my fatal flaw that I do not give up on something. I will not rest. I work and work and work until I can no longer and someone has to remove me from the premises."
Mila Kunis tells this month's GQ that she's too busy for a serious relationship right now, but one guy doesn't seem to mind! Find out about the lucky man who arranged a date with Mila, and see the hot pictures from her latest magazine spread in today's PopSugar Rush.
Nina Dobrev's new Puma Project Pink PSA debuted today. The Vampire Diaries star showed off her athletic side during the shoot, taking to the soccer field with a group of professional and young athletes to get the word out about the fundraising effort. The second-annual campaign asks soccer fans to vote for their favorite breast-cancer charity, with the winning cause receiving 100 percent of the proceeds from Puma's Project Pink collection. The sporty initiative wasn't the first time Nina's showed off her fit form and shared her love of working out. Nina was the cover girl for Seventeen's fitness issue earlier this Spring. The actress is keeping busy with her new philanthropic effort as she gears up for the September return of her hit CW show, but she also took a timeout during the hiatus to travel with her boyfriend and costar, Ian Somerhalder. Ian and Nina went to Paris with their moms before returning to LA for a bit and then hopping on another flight to shoot their upcoming season down South.
Emma Watson wowed in a Bottega Veneta gown at the New York premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2. She spoke with us about her dress selection and more while on the red carpet with Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint.
Kate Winslet dazzled in a dramatic Ralph Lauren gown yesterday at a Lancôme press conference in Beijing. China was Kate's latest international destination following her trip to Spain, where she was honored for her humanitarian work at Madrid's Yo Dona International Awards last month. Kate's trips around the globe are possible during a break from filming and promotional work, though work is about to get busy again. New images from Roman Polanski's Carnage are out ahead of the movie's Fall release. The drama, based on the popular play God of Carnage, hits theaters in November, and Kate will next star with Josh Brolin in the unconventional love story Labor Day.