Reese Witherspoon and her husband, Jim Toth, showed a range of emotions last night at the Lakers game. The couple was courtside to watch as the home team took on the visiting Toronto Raptors and managed a 118-to-116 win. Reese, who had popcorn and lemonade during the matchup, made a handful of funny faces, while Jim threw his hands in the air after one suspenseful moment. Reese and Jim are back together after she got out of town earlier this week. Reese went to Mexico on a bikini-filled girls getaway to Mexico with friends Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz. They were at Tulum's Amansala Resort for a bikini boot camp, balancing their fitness classes with some fun beach time.
Posts for March 9th 2013
Hayden Panettiere attended today's PaleyFest Nashville event in LA today, and when we caught up to her on the red carpet, she spoke about her very emotional recent episode and what she has in common with her character. She also revealed her surprising pick for the famous musician she'd like to see on the show next.
Jennifer Garner had a busy one in LA yesterday, taking her daughter Seraphina Affleck to karate class in Santa Monica, CA, before heading off to run errands, which included a stop by a nail salon. The day of running around came after a date night on Thursday — Jennifer and Ben Affleck had dinner at Sam's by the Beach, leaving their three kids, Sera, Samuel, and Violet, at home. Jennifer is coming off a week full of family fun. She and her youngest, Samuel, went shopping together a few days ago, with 1-year-old Samuel showing off his walking skills.
We are excited to announce our next One of a Kind series starring designer and Milly founder Michelle Smith! Michelle has dressed everyone from Gwyneth Paltrow to Victoria Beckham to Beyoncé in the iconic brand known for its exquisite colors and prints, and now she wants to style you! We are giving away a trip to NYC, where you'll get one-on-one fashion advice from the designer and come away with a one-of-a-kind look courtesy of Michelle herself. Entering is simple; click here and describe your favorite outfit and why it showcases your one-of-a-kind style. Good luck!
- Chris wants Mindy and Danny to kiss: The sexual tension between Danny and Mindy is one topic fans couldn't wait to dig into. Chris admitted that while it's fun to watch the "will they, won't they" dynamic between the two of them, he hopes something physical happens between the characters. "I'd like to see them kiss, at least."
- Mindy will be on the series finale of The Office: Mindy's past on the TV comedy came up several times during the night, and she revealed that she will be returning to Dunder Mifflin one last time before the show says goodbye. "I'm going back to shoot the finale in a couple days, which is really exciting."
- They've already written a character for Danny McBride: Ike previously worked with Danny on Eastbound and Down and said that Mindy already dreamed up a role for him as an "aggro" gay friend of hers. Ike described her saying: "I wanna have a gay friend who is just, like, not the cute, fun sidekick. The guy who, when we go to brunch, we get kicked out for being gross . . . like a bear." Mindy added: "He's like six foot, four inches and fat . . . super into Chris. He looks at Chris like, 'I will destroy him.'"
- Ed had a memorable audition for the show: "My American accent left something to be desired, so I decided to go in and try it British," he said. "And I think, I threw a condom at the casting director, and Mindy said, 'That was hilarious,' in a very straight-faced way."
- Mindy's favorite romantic comedy might be Much Ado About Nothing: When asked about her favorite films, Mindy said: "It's embarrassing, because maybe two out of the three or four romantic comedies that I really love, Chris Messina is in. You've Got Mail and Vicky Cristina Barcelona," she said. "But you know, I really loved Much Ado About Nothing, the Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson version."
- B.J. Novak will direct more episodes: "He's a great friend to the show," Mindy said. "He finished an episode last week called 'Santa Fe.'" Ike and Ed added that their characters get naked in a sweat lodge on the episode, which Ike compared to watching a handsome English man doing a scene with a seal.
- We'll be seeing more of Beverly: Beth, who plays Beverly, was just added as a series regular. The actress said that we'll get a chance to find out more about her character's past, including her love life, in upcoming episodes. "Well, I just learned in the new script that I've had several different boyfriends of many different religions," she said. "I'm quite excited about that."
We caught up with Mindy Kaling on the red carpet last night at PaleyFest, just before she previewed a new episode of the sitcom for fans and joined her cast mates for a hilarious panel discussion. We talked with the show's creator and star about the actor who will be playing her new love interest this season. She also weighed in on what it was like to have Chloë Sevigny appear on the series.
The stars jetted around the globe this week, with Paris Fashion Week attracting celebrities over to Europe and the end of award season freeing up others to get back to business. Kate Middleton attended a wedding in the Swiss Alps, while Kate Moss returned to the runway during the Louis Vuitton show in the City of Light. Cameron Diaz went on a girls' vacation with Reese Witherspoon and Drew Barrymore, and Brad Pitt did some traveling on his own.
There was plenty more celebrity fun this week — click through the rest of the exciting shots!
Steve Carell, Olivia Wilde, and Jim Carrey gathered in Austin, TX, last night for the world premiere of their new comedy The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. The screening was the first to be held during the film section of the 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival in Texas. The red-carpet reunion for the trio came before they headed inside the city's Paramount Theatre for the screening and afterward a question-and-answer session. In the film, both Steve and Jim play magicians, and last night, Jim spoke about his interest in magic. He said, "I've always had this weird relationship with magic. I think it's fascinating and yet it annoys me because I can't figure it out." The movie is out on US theaters next Friday March 15 — make sure to check out the Incredible Burt Wonderstone trailer!