- 1 can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 16 hot dogs
- 16 thick slices colby cheese
- 16 skewers
- Special equipment:
- Star cookie cutter
- Wooden skewers
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Take a skewer and stick it all the way through the center of the hot dog length-wise, leaving about an inch and a half exposed out of the top of each hot dog. Take a piece of breadstick dough and wrap it around the hot dog in a spiral shape until you reach the top, leaving gaps in between each spiral. Repeat with the rest of the hot dogs and lay them on the baking sheet.
- Bake hot dogs for about 20 minutes, or until the breadsticks are golden brown.
- While the hot dogs are baking, use a star cookie cutter to cut out stars approximately an inch in diameter. Let the hot dogs cool and then place 1 cheese star at the top of each hot dog in the part of the skewer that's sticking out of the top.
- Display the hot dogs using a styrofoam ball so they can stick straight up like firecrackers. Serve with ketchup and mustard.
- Main Dishes, BBQ
- 16 servings
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes