Chrissy Teigen looked stunning in her Marchesa gown at the 2016 Oscars in Los Angeles on Sunday — but we need to talk about her hair. As she walked the red carpet with her husband, John Legend, Chrissy posed and showed her messy braid creation from all angles.
Working with hairstylist Christian Wood, who also styled Sophie Turner's locks for the big show, Chrissy pulled off a braid of, well, braids. Christian appeared to braid five sections of Chrissy's hair, starting at the crown and fastening them all together in a low ponytail. He then braided the ponytail, giving everything a messy and poofy finish with TRESemmé products, which was appropriate considering that Chrissy is a face of the brand.
Christian shared the steps he used to create Chrissy's look with us. Read on to try and replicate this at home:
- Christian washed and conditioned Chrissy's hair.
- He used TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse and TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hair Maximizer on Chrissy's locks, except for the ends.
- Christian used a round brush to blow-dry Chrissy's hair, focusing on giving volume to her roots.
- Next, he took hair from the crown of Chrissy's head and pinned it back. He took two one-inch sections from beside her ears and braided it to the ends, rubbing the hair to give texture.
- He unpinned the hair at the crown and wove three braids down the middle of Chrissy's head. With five plaits in total, he brought them together at the nape of her neck with an elastic. He used bobby pins to keep everything in place.
- He took the hair from her ponytail and braided it as well. He secured the bottom with another elastic.
- As a last step, Christian pulled loose pieces of hair around Chrissy's face for added volume. He rubbed the plaits (also known as pancaking) to give them even more texture and held everything in place with TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Hairspray.