Wilhelmina Models, Inc. and EWC Franchise, LLC (together, the "Sponsors") are the sponsors of this model search (the "Contest"). Contest begins June 3, 2015 and ends July 20, 2015. Online entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on July 20, 2015. Open call entries must be received by time designated below. Entries and photos become the sole property of the Sponsors.
1. ENTRY. There are two ways to enter the Contest:
(a) In Person. Complete the official entry form (to be provided by Sponsors at the open call) and provide one (1) current (i.e., no older than one month) full-body color photograph (no slides, transparencies, or photocopies) depicting entrant's appearance, personality, photogenic quality and vitality, at least 3" x 4" but no larger than 8" x 10," labeled on the back with entrant's name, address, and phone number (together, the "Entry Materials") to an open call event held at the following locations (subject to change; check www.wilhelminamodelsearch.com for the most up-to-date information):
-June 27, 2015: New York, NY; Austin, TX; Denver, CO
-June 28, 2015: Dallas, TX
-July 9, 2015: Rochester, NY
-July 11, 2015: Miami Beach, FL; Honolulu, HI
-July 18, 2015: Los Angeles, CA; Philadelphia, PA
(b) Online. Go to www.popsugar.com/summergoddesssearch, submit a completed online entry form (first and last name, residential address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, height, hair color, eye color, and dress size) and upload a current (i.e., no older than one month) full-body color photograph in JPG, GIF, or PNG format, depicting entrant's appearance, personality, photogenic quality and vitality. The file size must be 3MB (3072 Kb) or smaller.
All photographs submitted must be the original creation of the entrant and the entrant must own all rights, title and interest in all aspects of the photographs. By submitting a photograph, the entrant represents and warrants that the photographs submitted: (i) are the entrant's original creation; (ii) have not been copied in whole or in part from any other work; (iii) do not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right of any person or entity; and (iv) are the entrant's sole and exclusive property (if the photographs were taken by some other person, the entrant warrants and represents that the entrant has obtained all rights and permission from the person who took the photographs so that the entrant owns all rights, title and interest in all aspects of the photographs). By submitting photographs, the entrant further represents and warrants that the entrant has all necessary rights to grant the Sponsors and POPSUGAR Inc. (the "Promotion Partner") all publication and use rights in and to the photographs. By submitting photographs, the entrant grants the Sponsors and Promotion Partner permission to retain, modify, post and display the photographs on the Internet for public viewing and for possible use in promotional materials including print, online, and/or e-newsletters. By submitting photographs that include another person or persons the entrant acknowledges and confirms the entrant has their permission and consent. As determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, photographs that include material unfit for publication, objectionable material, material that defames or invades the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise may infringe upon any third party's personal or proprietary rights will be disqualified. Photographs that are otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors at their sole discretion, will not be accepted.
2. ELIGIBILITY. Open to female legal residents in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia between the ages of 18 to 30 as of July 20, 2015 who are no less than five feet eight inches (5'8") tall. Void where prohibited. Employees of Sponsors, Promoter and/or their respective agents, affiliates, or subsidiaries and any other organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest, and members of their immediate families or persons residing at the same address are not eligible. Models who have previously performed services for modeling agencies in New York City, but are not currently under contract with any modeling agency in New York City, Los Angeles, and/or Miami are eligible to enter. Models under contract with a competitive modeling agency in New York City, Los Angeles, and/or Miami are ineligible. Entrants will not sign a contract with a competitive agency until after winners have been announced. Failure to comply with this, or any other, portion of the Official Rules shall result in automatic disqualification.
3. JUDGING. There will be three (3) rounds of judging:
(a) Semi-finalist Round. On or about July 27, 2015, a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsors will select twenty (20) semi-finalists (each a "Semi-finalist") from among all eligible entries based equally on (i) appearance, (ii) personality, (iii) photogenic quality and (iv) vitality, as depicted by the photos in the Entry Materials. Semi-finalists are required to complete and submit an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release along with submission materials. Sponsors reserve the right to select less than twenty (20) Semi-finalists if, in their sole discretion, they do not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
(b) Finalist Round. On or about August 2, 2015, a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsors will select four (4) Finalists based on the above criteria. Online audience voting will be incorporated into the Finalist Round to enable the public to vote for their favorite Semi-finalist. The audience voting will take place between July 28, 2015 and August 1, 2015 by 11:59 p.m. EST. The Semi-finalist receiving the most votes will move on to the Finals Event (as defined below), for a total of five (5) Finalists. The five (5) Finalists will be notified by e-mail and telephone on or around August 2, 2015. Finalists will be required to travel to the Finals Event and depart on dates specified by the Sponsors. Failure to attend the Finals Event and/or travel on specified dates will result in disqualification and forfeiture of prizes, and participation in the Finals Event will be awarded to the next runner-up from among the Semi-finalist pool. The Finals Event will take place on or around August 18, 2015.
(c) Grand Prize Round. Finalists will be judged by a panel of qualified judges appointed by Sponsors, based on the following criteria: (i) personality, including vitality, poise and friendliness (25%); (ii) photogenic appearance (50%); and (iii) interaction with judges, including communication skills (25%). Based on the scores, the judges will select one (1) grand prize winner (the "Grand Prize Winner").
If a tie occurs in either the Semi-finalist Round or the Finalist Round, the entry having the highest score in the criterion of photogenic quality will be deemed the winner. If a tie occurs during the Grand Prize Round, entries involved will be re-judged according to the criteria listed above by an additional judge who will serve as the tie breaker. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on number of entrants.
(a) Finalist Prizes. Each of the five (5) Finalists will receive a three (3) day/two (2) night trip to Miami, Florida to participate in the Finals Event ("Finals Event Trip"). The Finals Event Trip includes: (i) roundtrip coach air transportation between Miami, Florida and the major domestic airport nearest each Finalist's residence; (ii) ground transportation to and from the Miami area airport and all Finals Event activities in Miami; (iii) standard hotel accommodations; and (iv) three (3) meals per day (ARV $3,000.00 USD). In addition, the Finalists will each receive a pass entitling them to six (6) months of complimentary eyebrow waxing at participating European Wax Center locations in the United States (ARV $117.00 USD).
(b) Grand Prize. In addition to the Finalist prizes listed above, the Grand Prize Winner will receive: (i) a contract with Wilhelmina Models and (ii) a pass entitling her to one (1) year of complimentary waxing services at participating European Wax Center locations in the United States (ARV $1,500.00 USD).
All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Total ARV of each Finalist prize package: $3,117.00 USD. Total ARV of the Grand Prize Winner prize package: $1,500.00 USD. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute prizes (or portions thereof) of equal or greater value if prizes (or portions thereof) cannot be awarded as described. Sponsors will determine all elements of prizing in their sole discretion. Prizes may not be assigned, transferred, changed or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee express or implied. Sponsors and Promotion Partners disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third party product or service accepted by the winners. The awarding of any prize is contingent upon full compliance with these Official Rules. Entrants agree to be bound by Official Rules and agree that if any winner fails to provide proof of identity, refuses to provide the required affidavit and release described below, is found to have violated the Official Rules or otherwise does not meet eligibility criteria, prizes will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Entrants understand that Sponsors and Promotion Partner are not liable for injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising from participation in this Contest and acceptance, possession and use of prize. Sponsors and Promotion Partner are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. Decisions of Sponsors are final and binding in all respects.
6. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsors, Promotion Partner, and their agents, shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law of any jurisdiction. Entrant agrees that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in the State of New York and entrant hereby consents and submits to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action. Except where prohibited, by participating in this Contest entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or awarding of the prizes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to every entrant.
7. RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS FOREVER AND IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, PROMOTION PARTNER, AND THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY "RELEASEES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, LAWSUITS, PENALTIES, PROCEEDINGS, JUDGMENTS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE CONTEST, ENTRY, PARTICIPATION OR IN ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT, DELIVERY, POSSESSION, ATTENDANCE AT, TRAVEL RELATED TO, DEFECT, USE, INABILITY TO USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
8. MISCELLANEOUS. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to reject, disqualify, modify, edit, revise, report and remove any nude, obscene, defamatory, profane, offensive, lewd, or pornographic or fraudulent entries, subjects, videos or photos, or any entry or part thereof which Sponsors, in their sole discretion, determine to be inconsistent with their editorial standards, audience expectations, or reputational interests, or that Sponsors believe may violate any applicable law or regulation or the rights of a third party. By entering this Contest, entrants consent to a background check and Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant whose participation may, for any reason or perceived reason, subject the Contest, Sponsors, Promotion Partner, or Sponsors' advertisers, clients or customers to negative publicity, controversy, scorn, or ridicule. Sponsors and Promotion Partner assume no responsibility for entries they are unable to process due to network, hardware or other technical failures or any other reason, or incomplete, damaged, misdirected, illegible, stolen or lost mail, online entries. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process, the operation of the web site or who is otherwise in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsors further reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Contest should any computer virus, bug, technical corruption, unauthorized human intervention or force majeure affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Sponsors and Promotion Partner otherwise become incapable of running the Contest as planned. In the event of cancellation, Sponsors reserve the right to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to date of cancellation. The use of automated entry systems or any other conduct that impedes the integrity of the Contest is prohibited. In the event of a dispute regarding entry, entry will be deemed made by the holder of an established Instagram account associated with the entry. Sponsors reserve the right to prohibit the participation of any individual if fraud, misconduct or tampering is suspected or if the account holder fails to comply with any requirement of participation as stated herein or with any provision of these Official Rules.
9. GENERAL: Except where prohibited by law: (i) entry constitutes permission to use winners' name, voice, likeness, photograph and any statements regarding this Contest for editorial, public relations, promotional and advertising purposes on behalf of Sponsors and Promotion Partner without compensation; and (ii) Semi-finalists will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release within seven (7) days of notification or the entry with the next highest score may become an alternate Semi-finalist. If Semi-finalist, Finalist, or Grand Prize Winner notification is returned as undeliverable, the entry with the next highest score may become an alternate winner. By participating and winning a prize, winners release Sponsors, Promotion Partner, and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the prize won and participation in the contest. This Contest is subject to all U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. The Semi-finalists will be posted on www.popsugar.com/summergoddesssearch on July 27, 2015. The Finalists will be posted www.popsugar.com/summergoddesssearch after August 2, 2015 and the Grand Prize winner after August 20, 2015. The names and locations of Semi-finalists, Finalists, and Grand Prize winner will be available for two (2) years after the end of the Contest by sending a request to the Sponsors.
Sponsor(s): Wilhelmina Models, Inc., 300 Park Avenue South, New York, NY 10010 and EWC Franchise, LLC, P.O. Box 802208, Aventura, FL 33280.
Promotion Partner: POPSUGAR Inc., 111 Sutter Street, 14th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.