I was casually trying to mind my own business on the train when my phone started lighting up with urgent texts and Twitter DMs from my best friend. I knew that either the dreaded apocalypse had finally reached us, or that Timothée Chalamet had the audacity to show his beautiful face in public again. Luckily, it was the latter, and we'll all survive another day. Even better, thanks to Twitter user @alankruthahaha, we'll survive knowing that Timothée flies economy and excels in casual airplane conversation.
While I'd normally dread sharing a row of seats with a stranger, I'd gladly cash in one million uncomfortable elbow bumps for the three hours Alankrutha spent with the Beautiful Boy star. Thankfully, Alankrutha chronicled the whole encounter on Twitter for those of us not lucky enough to have a front-row seat to their interaction. She did her due diligence and asked the burning questions I'd be too shy to vocalize. "How is Steve Carell? Have you met Beyoncé? Why are you sitting in economy class?" Thank god, Timothée was equally talkative and gave Alankrutha pure, sincere answers, sprinkled with his own curiosity about her life.
Now, Alankrutha did a fantastic job with her impromptu interview and I have zero complaints, but this conversation had me thinking: what would I ask Timothée if fate brought us together on a 747? Here's a short list:
- Did you want the aisle seat? I can totally switch, like, right now. No problem.
- Is there a reason that girl on your phone screen looks a lot like Lily-Rose Depp?
- How did you really feel about that Henry V haircut?
- Who organized the guest list for Kid Cudi's birthday party?
- Are you and Ansel Elgort in charge of the ten-year LaGuardia reunion?
- Do you feel like history's repeating itself, since Greta Gerwig called you a "young Christian Bale" and now you're reviving one of his roles in Little Women?
- What cologne do you wear? It's for, um, science.
- Do you want me to ask the flight attendant for more pretzels?